If you ask people 40 or younger about Social Security and Medicare, they often comment that these programs won't be there for them; they are wrong!
Join us for a seminar that will help you present our social safety net programs Social Security and Medicare through a progressive lens in the era of Trump.
Date: Monday, April 16th at 7pm
Place: Zoom Video Conference; RSVP for link
Speaker: Ernie Powell, Social Security Works
What we built
- Social Security and Medicare are systems owned by the American people; these are earned benefits.
- It makes no sense to dismantle the shared highway system. We give the same message for Social Security and Medicare. We can’t pull them apart brick by brick.Why we built the retirement safety net
- Social Security and Medicare are more reliable, secure, and efficient than any private sector alternative.
- Before Social Security and Medicare many more Americans lived in poverty.Why now is the time to expand
- Private health insurance corporations and employers refuse to cover so many hardworking Americans. Expanding Medicare to all Americans will provide even more efficiency and stability to the system.
- Social Security is the most reliable part of the retirement system. We should invest in a system that works.
- Income inequality has peaked in the United States and it’s time for the wealthiest Americans to pay the same rate as the rest of us.
You can join this Zoom webinar from your computer, tablet or smart phone. Tablet and smartphone users download the free Zoom app from either iTunes or the Android store.
Post Webinar Survey
Google map and directions