This legislative session there are a number of progressive bills that have been introduced by our freshman delegates (Delegate Jennifer Carroll-Foy and Danica Roem) as well as progressive leader Delegate Sam Rasoul. The Virginia version of the Off Fossil Fuels for a Better Future Act (HB 1490 - Rasoul) will be heard in Committee on Tuesday afternoon and our friends from Food and Water Watch will be joining us to testify in support of this bill.
Join Us as we deliver letters to Virginia Delegates and Senators supporting the following legislation:
- Raising the Felony threshold (HB113 - Carroll-Foy-D)
- Regulation of Dominion rates (HB96 - Rasoul - D)
- Campaign finance - Donations prohibited from Public Utilities (HB562 - Roem - D)
- Equal Rights Amendment (HJ2, HJ4, HJ129, SJ 4)
- Moratorium on Fossil Fuels (HB 1490 - Rasoul)
- Defining Domestic Terrorism to include violent groups (HB1601 - Price - D)
Join us in the afternoon for the Committee Meeting on HB1490 in the House Committee Room; we expect the meeting will start at 1pm.
We will meet in the lobby of the Pocahontas Building at 8am
900 E Main St
Richmond, VA 23219
Google map and directions