Jann Campbell and Stephen Spitz (co-chairs)
I. Introductions/Mission:- Stephen
II. DNC Convention/next step for keeping our issues front and center/ anything else? Russell Freedman, Stephen, Jann, Group
III. Citizens United Conference Report- Stephen
IV. TPP special mobilization to prevent passage in the lame duck - Andrea
V. Corporate theft fightback- Jann, Stephen, Group
- Drugs-Epi-pen ripoffs, negotiating Medicare Part d prices, Single Payer fight
- Fossil fuel suit-big oil has suppressed science about climate change. The government successfully sued big tobacco for similar behavior.
- Wells Fargo-pressure to meet Wall Street goals causes 5300 low wage workers to be fired for opening fraudulent accounts. CEO gets $250 million bonus. Can we do a petition to support Senator Warren’s fightback?
- Standing Rock-Oil pipeline: thugs destroy sacred Sioux sacred site and threaten sole water supply for reservation in North Dakota
- Water -what can we do to create a climate where water is part of the commons, not a commodity of corporate expropriation?
VI. Hill report-Andrea, Group
- People’s Budget/ Appropriations
- Post office
- Air traffic controllers
VII. Announcements/updates/urgent matters-Jann
Next call October 26, 2016 9 pm EST